Can't install Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST5

N/A
Hello, I am new to this forum, and i have already registered, and downloaded Solid Edge 2D, and i have read about the software, and i do understand that the system requirements does include Windows XP, but when i try to install the program, i get a message telling me that i am installing the program on a non-supported operating system, which is Windows XP wich i am running, but how can this be when i read that system requirements are XP, Vista, and Win 7, and i also want to say that my pc has all it's updates, and i have no system instability issues, i always keep my pc in top condition, i built the system, but why it will not install is beyond me. The error message says the software is "Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST5" now i do not know what effect this has on the software not installing, but i thought i registered for "Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4" but when clicking for the software download, Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4 is what i receive, if someone can assist it would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES

Re: Can't install Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST5

N/A
I'm having the same problem. I'm running XP pro. But the warning message say it is shutting down the install as it it isn't a supported system.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Solid Edge ST5 no longer supports Windows XP. As such, it will not install on Windows XP. You must upgrade to a supported operating system which are Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
All,
The Free 2D web site is being updated to reflect the fact that ST5 will not install on XP operating systems. However, I will include the link to the English ST4 download. This is the English version. If you need one of the other languages, copy and paste the link into the path at the top of your Internet Explorer. Change ENGLISH to one of the other available languages. Must be all caps.

http://free2ddl.ugs.com/pub/SE2DDraftV104ENGLISH.exe

Regards,
Rick B.

N/A
Thank You Grundy and Ricky, i was thinking that this was the reason it would not install, sorry for replying late, but i was having a little trouble with logging back into my account, all is well now
and Thanks Ricky, i was wondering where i could get ST4 version download.