Changing page size

The default page size under "sheet setup" is 34" x 22." I prefer to use 11" x 8.5
When I change it and go back to the sheet, a box appears on the lower left side.
Why does that happen and how can I get rid of it. I am new to SE2D.
7 REPLIES

Re: Changing page size

Can you grab a screen capture and attach it to a post? I normally work in 11x8.5 and I do not see this when I change the sheet size. The one thing that I found is that if I change just the sheet, the background does not change. If you change the background first it will also change the sheet size.

[ Edited ]
ok here's a screen grab

That's normal. What it did is change the sheet size but did not change the background size. In the sheet setup you will see tabs for the size, name, and background, select background and change the size to 11 x 8.5 (A sized) and everything will be good. As I said in the post above you can skip a step if you go straight to the sheet setup --> background tab and change the background to 11x8.5 (A sized) and it will make all the sheets on that project the same size.

ok cool, that corrected the issue.

So what size do most people draft with? Is there anything wrong with using 11x8.5?

ok cool, that corrected the issue.

So what size do most people draft with? Is there anything wrong with using 11x8.5?

Our laser printer will handle 17x11 (B size) as well as 11x8.5 (A size). A D size drawing scales nicely to the B paper and is very readable. Same again for C size on A paper. So I draw on whatever size makes sense for the project and print on A or B size. If larger-size prints are necessary, I can take PDFs to Kinko's and print them up on the larger paper.

thank you for your help

A lot of the things I design are to be machined and are small enough to fit three views onto a single A size sheet, so that is what I used most often.