Changing text color in background sheet

For some reason, some of my drawings have a teal color for the file name/properties etc on the background sheet.  Others are black.  I would like to change these to black so that all my drawings are at least the same.  I cannot find the option, though.

4 REPLIES

Re: Changing text color in background sheet

[ Edited ]

Hi there @Achase4u,

This is the default setting for "Callout Text" that has been used to automatically populate those fields......all of which can be altered, either on a per document scenario, or, if you want it to be a perpetual change to all new documents, then you'll need to modify it in the "Template". [usually located in... >C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST8\Template< ]

You may need to show the background sheet [see View tab>SheetViews>Background]....now select the appropriate background sheet tab [now visible at bottom of graphics area]....select the [hold down the "Ctrl" key to multi-select - warning - this also changes all selections to the same settings, including scale, which may not be desired] callout text that you want to modify the proprties of....on the properties dialogue, go to the "Text and Leader" tab, to find the font color selection drop down. Close & Save.....every new sheet will be as you have set it now.....you will have to modify existing drawings individually, but there is a reasonably fast way to do this.....copy the contents of the newly formated background sheet, and select all [except custom text boxes - use Ctrl+select to deselect those you don't want to delete] + delete your existing backgropund sheet, then paste the new one in.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Many thanks to you, Sean.  That did the trick.  I really appreciate you taking the time to show me this.  I wouldn't have thought that the text on the sheet adhered to the callout properties.

Now to change the slew of drawings...  I'll manage!

Is there a way to auto center the background to the sheet when pasting the new one in?

All good......there is a paste setting in Solid Edge Options [while in an active Draft file], to alter that behavior.

If you set it like mine [see image], to have it remain in the original location when pasted in.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Works perfectly.  Thank you so much!