Coordinate Dimension Glitch

Creator
Creator

Does anybody else use Coordinate Dimensions In Solid Edge ST9 Draft? If so, maybe you can give me some advise on how to manipulate the dimension after it is placed. We have already succumbed to the fact that in order to switch between sides of a part (top/bottom or left/right), one must hold the "ALT" key to start a new aligment set. However, when the dimensions are too close and I need to move one out of the way, I find it difficult to control slight ajustments. I grab the handle and move it in the direction I need to and it zooms off the page. This is very frustrating. 

7 REPLIES

Re: Coordinate Dimension Glitch

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What Maintenance Patch is applied?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Re: Coordinate Dimension Glitch

Creator
Creator

Thanks for the reminder. We only just installed ST9 about two months ago. I neglected to get the IT dept. to install the patches. Let me get on that and I will come back to this topic.

Betreff: Coordinate Dimension Glitch

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Jake

maybe the viedo can help.

There is one point where I put in a jog to a dimension.

This is be done with selecting the dimension and then with ALT key pressed I click onto the dim line.

After that You easily can move this dimension.

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Jake

and I just forgot to say that the options for that dimensions should be set properly.

20171023_2014.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

(view in My Videos)
Close, but not the issue. I have figured out how to up-load movies. so please watch this...

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Jake

I think YOu must upload this drawing for a further investigation.

I have tested a similar situation here with different drafting standrads and can not repordue Your video with any of them.

I suppose a special setting or option in YOur draft file rsponsible for that behaviour.

regards
Wolfgang

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Jake,

I recall seeing this unusual coordinate dimension "drifting" behaviour back in ST9 [on Windows 10] also, but I think it was fixed in an maintenance pack [could've just as easily been a coincidence, with a settings change]......and certainly have not seen it again with ST10.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10