Solved! Go to solution

Copy problem

Hello,

I have changed from ST7 2D to ST8 2D. Now I can not toggle between move and copy with the ctrl-key.

In rotate command it works fine. Why is this?

10 REPLIES

Re: Copy problem

Hi there @hasse,

Not seeing this issue here.

Select either of those commands, then an entity, and Ctrl key toggles copy, just as expected.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hello Sean

I have reinstalled the program but the problem remains. Can the file been demaged in the downloading procces?

Best regards

Hasse

Hi there @hasse,

Generally the download file will fail the install if it is corrupt in any way, so I suspect the error is more likely to be something wrong in the system registry, which could've occured during install, for all sorts of reasons [antivirus, user priveledges, etc].....and a complete clean out may not have been achieved, upon the un-install / re-install process.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hello again Sean,

Thank you for taking time adressing my problem. You are probably right, it is a problem in the registry.

Thats out of my liege, so I have to live with it. It is not the end of the world.

Thanks again

Hasse

Reset your Solid Edge user preferences using the following workflow:

1. Exit Solid Edge.
  2. Run "regedit" [or your registry editing tool of choice].
  3. Inside the registry delete the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions" key and everything under it. WARNING: do NOT delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions".
  4. Exit "regedit".
  5. In "Windows Explorer" browse to %APPDATA%. If you cannot see this folder you will need to change your Windows Explorer "Folder Options" to show hidden and system files and folders.
  6. Delete the "%APPDATA%\Unigraphics Solutions" folder and everything underneath it.
  7. The user's Solid Edge settings have been reset and cleared.

Hi uk_dave,

Thanks for your answer, I have delt with the registry, however I cant find the APPDATA folder.

I have changed the settings to show hidden folders and files. Is it to bee found under the root or in the windows folder?

Best regards

hasse

In the Windows Explorer address bar type in "%APPDATA%" [without the quotes] -- this will automatically resolve itself to the correct location.

Hi again

Done, but Iam sorry to say the problem remaims.

hasse

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author hasse
‎04-20-2016 02:24 AM

This was a bug that was repaired in Maintanance Patch 2 for ST8.  Patches are not available for Free 2D Drafting so if that is what you are using you will most likely have to wait until the ST9 version is available.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10