Reply

Copya and Zoom

hello
1.Is there any way to copy line or other features? I could not find that
command in SE2D. I use CTRL+C and CTRL+V so far.
2. Is there any way I could use ZOOM during a command use without pressing
ZOOM TOOL and other ZOOM icons in menu(like zoom in/out, zoom area, pan)? I
would like use scroll wheel(zoom in/out) and right mouse button(pan). And it
is very importent to not cancel command.
best regards to all newsgroup readers
Tomek

6 REPLIES

Re: Copya and Zoom

See comments below and attached image.
"Coovap" wrote in message
news:46c170e6$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
> hello
>
> 1.Is there any way to copy line or other features? I could not find that
> command in SE2D. I use CTRL+C and CTRL+V so far.

There are 2 options. First, you can hold the CTRL key while you drag an
element to make a copy. Second, you can use the commands in the Modify
flyout menu to make copies. There is a button in the ribbon bar thAT
toggles whether or not an element is copied. See the attached image.

> 2. Is there any way I could use ZOOM during a command use without pressing
> ZOOM TOOL and other ZOOM icons in menu(like zoom in/out, zoom area, pan)?
> I
> would like use scroll wheel(zoom in/out) and right mouse button(pan). And
> it
> is very importent to not cancel command.

For all view manipulation you should experiment with different combinations
of the CTRL, SHIFT and ALT keys along with the RMB (Right Mouse Button)
CTRL + RMB - zooms on the cursor
ALT + RMB - zoom window
CTRL + SHIFT + RMB - pan
ALT + single click RMB - fit all
I do believe that you will have the option to zoom with the scroll wheel
once V20 is released.
David

> best regards to all newsgroup readers
> Tomek
>
>



Re: Copya and Zoom

Tomek,
1.Is there any way to copy line or other features? I could not find that
command in SE2D. I use CTRL+C and CTRL+V so far.
The Copy and Paste commands are under the Edit menu at the top of the
application window.
2. Is there any way I could use ZOOM during a command use without pressing
ZOOM TOOL and other ZOOM icons in menu(like zoom in/out, zoom area, pan)? I
would like use scroll wheel(zoom in/out) and right mouse button(pan). And it
is very importent to not cancel command
You can also Zoom by holding down the 'Ctrl' key and the Right Mouse
Button while dragging the mouse. You can Pan by holding the 'Ctrl' and
'Shift' and Right Mouse Button while dragging the mouse.
You can enable zoom in/out with the mouse wheel by turning off the
scroll bars. The scroll bars capture the mouse wheel and scrolls when they
are displayed. To turn them off, click on the Tools menu at the top of the
application window. Then click on Options. Click on the View tab. Uncheck
both the 'Horizontal scroll bars' and 'Vertical scroll bars'. The mouse
wheel will scroll now. There are issues with this. The command ribbon bars
try to capture mouse input, so this may seem to work sometimes and not work
other times.
Hope this helps.
Rick B.

Re: Copya and Zoom

hello

>> 1.Is there any way to copy line or other features? I could not find that
>> command in SE2D. I use CTRL+C and CTRL+V so far.

>
> There are 2 options. First, you can hold the CTRL key while you drag an
> element to make a copy.
This is it! Bingo!

> Second, you can use the commands in the Modify flyout menu to make
> copies. There is a button in the ribbon bar thAT toggles whether or not
> an element is copied. See the attached image.

That works too.

>> 2. Is there any way I could use ZOOM during a command use without
>> pressing
>> ZOOM TOOL and other ZOOM icons in menu(like zoom in/out, zoom area, pan)?
>> I would like use scroll wheel(zoom in/out) and right mouse button(pan).
>> And it is very importent to not cancel command.


> For all view manipulation you should experiment with different
> combinations of the CTRL, SHIFT and ALT keys along with the RMB (Right
> Mouse Button)
>
> CTRL + RMB - zooms on the cursor
> ALT + RMB - zoom window
> CTRL + SHIFT + RMB - pan
> ALT + single click RMB - fit all

That way is awkward. I have to use TWO hands. I would like use ONLY mouse.
Other CAD softwares have that ZOOM on mouse only.

> I do believe that you will have the option to zoom with the scroll wheel
> once V20 is released.

That sounds great.

> David

Thank you David for your answers. It helped me a lot.
Tomek

Re: Copya and Zoom

The mouse wheel will zoom if you turn off the default scroll bars on the
graphics window. To turn them off, go to Tools, Options and click on the
"View" tab. Uncheck the Horizontal and Vertical Scroll Bar options in the
Window area. Select OK.
--
Ken
http://grundey.blogspot.com
"Coovap" wrote in message
news:46c41358$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
> hello
>
>>> 1.Is there any way to copy line or other features? I could not find that
>>> command in SE2D. I use CTRL+C and CTRL+V so far.

>>
>> There are 2 options. First, you can hold the CTRL key while you drag an
>> element to make a copy.
>
> This is it! Bingo!
>
>> Second, you can use the commands in the Modify flyout menu to make
>> copies. There is a button in the ribbon bar thAT toggles whether or not
>> an element is copied. See the attached image.

>
> That works too.
>
>>> 2. Is there any way I could use ZOOM during a command use without
>>> pressing
>>> ZOOM TOOL and other ZOOM icons in menu(like zoom in/out, zoom area,
>>> pan)? I would like use scroll wheel(zoom in/out) and right mouse
>>> button(pan). And it is very importent to not cancel command.

>
>> For all view manipulation you should experiment with different
>> combinations of the CTRL, SHIFT and ALT keys along with the RMB (Right
>> Mouse Button)
>>
>> CTRL + RMB - zooms on the cursor
>> ALT + RMB - zoom window
>> CTRL + SHIFT + RMB - pan
>> ALT + single click RMB - fit all

>
> That way is awkward. I have to use TWO hands. I would like use ONLY mouse.
> Other CAD softwares have that ZOOM on mouse only.
>
>> I do believe that you will have the option to zoom with the scroll wheel
>> once V20 is released.

>
> That sounds great.
>
>> David

>
> Thank you David for your answers. It helped me a lot.
>
> Tomek
>

Re: Copya and Zoom


> The mouse wheel will zoom if you turn off the default scroll bars on the
> graphics window. To turn them off, go to Tools, Options and click on the
> "View" tab. Uncheck the Horizontal and Vertical Scroll Bar options in the
> Window area. Select OK.

I turned off already and it will not ZOOM during a draw a line. Its an
example. It will work only when you do not use any command. Try do this.
Start draw line and try to use ZOOM using only mouse. It will not work when
you use only mouse wheel.You have to press CTRL and use RMB (zoom in/out).
Or SHIFT and Wheel to pan drawing.
Tomek

Re: Copya and Zoom

Yes, it will not work while your in the middle of a command. Your best and
most flexible option is to use the following Keyboard+Right Mouse Button
(RMB) combinations which are quite good and not at all awkward (if you have
full use of both hands) once you develop a habit of using them.
CTRL+RMB = Zoom In/Out
CTRL+SHIFT+RMB = Pan
ALT+RMB Click = Fit View
ALT+RMB Drag = Window Area
Another very good option (and I'm assuming it will work for the 2D Drafting
product) is to use a controller from 3Dconnexion (www.3dconnexion.com).
They have a product called the Space Navigator that is quite reasonably
priced ($99 commercial, $59 personal) and allows Panning, Zooming, Rotating
(in a 3D product). It is used with a mouse in your non-mouse hand. The
cool thing about it is it is command transparent and allows any of the
supported view transitions to occur simultaneously (in your case, Zoom and
Pan at the same time while you are drawing a line).
--
Ken
http://grundey.blogspot.com
"Coovap" wrote in message
news:46c45cc4@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>
>> The mouse wheel will zoom if you turn off the default scroll bars on the
>> graphics window. To turn them off, go to Tools, Options and click on the
>> "View" tab. Uncheck the Horizontal and Vertical Scroll Bar options in
>> the Window area. Select OK.

>
> I turned off already and it will not ZOOM during a draw a line. Its an
> example. It will work only when you do not use any command. Try do this.
> Start draw line and try to use ZOOM using only mouse. It will not work
> when you use only mouse wheel.You have to press CTRL and use RMB (zoom
> in/out). Or SHIFT and Wheel to pan drawing.
>
> Tomek
>