Dimension projection line length

Hi Guys
I am using ST5 free 2D.
Is there a way to control the length of the projection line when auto dimension is on? At the moment the length is always 20mm. There are controls for every aspect of dimensions but I can't work out this one. Ideally it would be related to font size.
Cheers
Pete
3 REPLIES

Re: Dimension projection line length

Hi Guys
Is there a way to control the length of the projection line when auto dimension is on?
Pete

I believe you need to modify the dimension 'style' (ANSI.. ISO, GB etc) you are using.
- Select the 'Styles' icon on the far right of the Home ribbon, depicted by two letter A's.
- Select Dimension in the top left list box, the style you want to modify in the lower left list box and then hit 'Modify'.
- On the 'Lines and Coordinate' tab adjust the 'Projection Line' 'Extension' to get the result you are after. It is relative to font size :-).
I hope that sorts you out.
DaveK

Thanks Dave
Unfortunately, the projection line extension only adjusts the amount the projection line extends past the dimension line. I want to adjust the distance the dimension line is above the element.
Pete

OK, I see what you mean. When you change the dim scale and then draw a new object the distance between the object and dimension line doesn't change. I have the impression the auto-dim function is a drawing aid as opposed to a detailing shortcut. For the want of one variable.....