Does SE 2D support AutoCAD selection method?

N/A
In other words can I left drag to select objects inside the selection boundary and right drag to select objects inside and overlapping the selection boundary?

It doesn't seem so. I've even tried ctrl/shift/alt clicking.

Thanks
6 REPLIES

Re: Does SE 2D support AutoCAD selection method?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
When you are in the Select command, you can set the fence locate type through the combo box on the command QuickBar. It most likely is currently set to Inside.

Regards,
Rick B.

N/A
Ah I see. Thanks.

I can't say I'm a fan of that approach. The drop-down means I have to navigate up to the toolbar and then click twice to change the selection mode, rather than the conventional way of just dragging the other way. This would be high up on my list of feature requests.

N/A
I was able to download a .dwg file and I printed the drawing. Only problem is the intensity of the printing. How do I get the printer to print darker lines?

Al Conner

Community Manager
The problem is not with printing. The problem is with opening the DWG file. I assume that the DWG file uses color for line thickness. When you open the DWG file you can customize how the file is opened in SE 2D Drafting. Click on the Options button at the bottom of the File Open dialog. This will take you to the AutoCAD to Solid Edge Translation Wizard. On one of the pages of the wizard you will be able to define the Solid Edge Line Widths relative to the original AutoCAD colors.

Regards,
Rick B.

N/A
I could not find "Options". I opened Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4. Then clicked on Solid Edge Viewer. The screen opened. I opened a dwg file (No ptions shown) I clicked on Open and drawing appeared on the screen (Again No Options shown) I printed the drawing and again got very light lines. Where Is the "Option" option?

Allan

Community Manager
I thought you were inquiring about Solid Edge 2D Drafting, not the Solid Edge Viewer. You are correct that the viewer does not have options to control what is opened.

Regards,
Rick B.