Downloading issues

Experimenter
Experimenter
Is there any particular reason why every time I try to download solid edge its stops 3/4 of the way? When u try to open the file it says that its corrupt? I have downloaded the license as well if that makes a difference
3 REPLIES

Re: Downloading issues

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

I would think your download speed is not high enough, or your browser is not able to restore connection interupts. What browser are you using? Chrome works very well for me.

I did hear there is work on a new server &/or archtecture to help these issues, and not sure on the timing of that going live.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

When you first start the download do you click Run or Save? I suggest you click on Save and put it somewhere you can find it easily. Don't save to the desktop. Put it somewhere under your user folder. When the download finishes, what is the size of the download? It should be around or over 2GB. This will help determine if it actually finished successfully. By you getting an error that it is corrupt, I am led to believe it did not finish. You should not have to worry with the license. If everything works properly, installation should put in the correct license. Make sure you are an Administrator to install the software.

Regards,

Rick B.

Experimenter
Experimenter
When the download starts it doesn't give me an option to save or run. Its just says open when finished. I am using google chrome on windows 8.1. We are using adsl2 and is normally fairly quick. Its usually finishes at 1.6gb.