Reply

Fill Styles


Hiya,
In AutoCAD it's possible to change the fill styles (i.e to represent concrete/steel).
Is this possible to do in SE? I've only been able to alter the angle of the hatching...
Cheers

Simon
4 REPLIES

Re: Fill Styles

Up in your menu bar go to Format-Style then in the Style Type drop down
choose hatch. Over to the right you will see a New button. There are
several options for creating a new fill/hatch pattern.
David
"Simon Lemin" wrote in message
news:45532829$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>
> Hiya,
>
> In AutoCAD it's possible to change the fill styles (i.e to represent
> concrete/steel).
> Is this possible to do in SE? I've only been able to alter the angle of
> the hatching...
>
> Cheers
>
>
> Simon


Re: Fill Styles


Simon,
There are many predefined fill styles that may be used when placing a fill. These
are accessed by the Style combo box when creating the fill. The style combo box
is the first combo box on the ribbon bar when you run the Fill command. Just drop
down the list in the combo box and click on the desired fill. You can also change
the fill style after the fill has been placed. Click on the fill and use the fill
style combo box again to change the style of the fill.
A quick note about fill and fill styles. The fill object does not directly use a
hatch pattern or hatch style. The fill object uses a fill style. The fill style
will access a hatch style for the display of the pattern. This allows you to define
as many fill styles as you need which may access the same pattern. Each fill style
may have a different predefined color.
If you want to see the predefined hatch patterns, do as David says. Click on Format-Style.
Change the Style type to Hatch. Click on one of the hatch styles and then click
on the Modify button. You will see the pattern in the Preview window.
Regards,
Rick B.

Re: Fill Styles


Thanks for getting back to me, I've found both those options now, the next question
would be how would you creat the Concrete fill style (as attached) in SE?
Cheers
Simon

"Ricky Black" wrote:
>
>Simon,
>There are many predefined fill styles that may be used when placing a fill.
>These
>are accessed by the Style combo box when creating the fill. The style combo
>box
>is the first combo box on the ribbon bar when you run the Fill command. Just
>drop
>down the list in the combo box and click on the desired fill. You can also
>change
>the fill style after the fill has been placed. Click on the fill and use the
>fill
>style combo box again to change the style of the fill.
>
>A quick note about fill and fill styles. The fill object does not directly
>use a
>hatch pattern or hatch style. The fill object uses a fill style. The fill
>style
>will access a hatch style for the display of the pattern. This allows you
>to define
>as many fill styles as you need which may access the same pattern. Each fill
>style
>may have a different predefined color.
>
>If you want to see the predefined hatch patterns, do as David says. Click
>on Format-Style.
>Change the Style type to Hatch. Click on one of the hatch styles and then
>click
>on the Modify button. You will see the pattern in the Preview window.
>
>Regards,
>Rick B.
>

Re: Fill Styles

Simon,
The attached .dft file contains a concrete hatch pattern created by another
user. Save this file to your computer. Start a new drawing and go to
Format-Style. In the Style Type drop down box choose Hatch. To the right
click on the Organizer button. In the "Styles available in:" box browse to
the .dft file you just saved. You will find Concrete in the list of hatch
patterns on the left. Select it and click Copy to copy the hatch pattern to
your drawing file.
Make sure you save your drawing template so the Concrete hatch will always
be available.
David
\"Simon Lemin" wrote in message
news:45533fd3$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>
> Thanks for getting back to me, I've found both those options now, the next
> question
> would be how would you creat the Concrete fill style (as attached) in SE?
>
> Cheers
>
> Simon
>
>
> "Ricky Black" wrote:
>>
>>Simon,
>>There are many predefined fill styles that may be used when placing a
>>fill.
>>These
>>are accessed by the Style combo box when creating the fill. The style
>>combo
>>box
>>is the first combo box on the ribbon bar when you run the Fill command.
>>Just
>>drop
>>down the list in the combo box and click on the desired fill. You can also
>>change
>>the fill style after the fill has been placed. Click on the fill and use
>>the
>>fill
>>style combo box again to change the style of the fill.
>>
>>A quick note about fill and fill styles. The fill object does not directly
>>use a
>>hatch pattern or hatch style. The fill object uses a fill style. The fill
>>style
>>will access a hatch style for the display of the pattern. This allows you
>>to define
>>as many fill styles as you need which may access the same pattern. Each
>>fill
>>style
>>may have a different predefined color.
>>
>>If you want to see the predefined hatch patterns, do as David says. Click
>>on Format-Style.
>>Change the Style type to Hatch. Click on one of the hatch styles and then
>>click
>>on the Modify button. You will see the pattern in the Preview window.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Rick B.
>>

>