Forum search keywords: AND

N/A
This isn't a SolidEdge question--I have a question about the forum itself. How do I search for multiple keywords and specify that all keywords must be in the post? I'd like to search for "block AND scale" but I end up with results that contain block OR scale. I've tried "AND", "&", "+".
3 REPLIES

Re: Forum search keywords: AND

Siemens Master Siemens Master
Siemens Master
This isn't a SolidEdge question--I have a question about the forum itself. How do I search for multiple keywords and specify that all keywords must be in the post? I'd like to search for "block AND scale" but I end up with results that contain block OR scale. I've tried "AND", "&", "+".

This is one of those "it should work" kind of things... Searching for "vbulletin search doesn't work" came up empty (no surprise). Once you search for "vbulletin boolean", you get better diagnostics. As it turns out, this is an option in the usergroup. Boolean search was turned off for SE Free2D users; before you get all conspiracy theory, it was also turned off for employees which is why I could not get it to work either! :-)
At any rate, I turned ON boolean search for all usergroups. This *should* now work; please give it a try.

N/A
Thanks! It works great now. By default, my keywords are anded together.

Siemens Master Siemens Master
Siemens Master
Thanks! It works great now. By default, my keywords are anded together.

Good news, thank you for letting me know. VB V4 does not allow you to choose between simple search and boolean. If enabled (and it is), Boolean is the default.