Having problem uninstalling old version 2D

N/A
Hello,
I need help from someone that can show me how and where to find Solid Edge software to uninstall. I have been trying for three weeks and have had no luck. I spoke with Scott Fischer at one of your help lines and he suggested posting on the forum,so here I am. First of all I have windows Vista and went to programs and features to uninstall. Solid Edge was no where to be found. I will say that I have deleted to recycle bin every thing I thought was associated with solid Edge and then reloaded the free software. Whed I try to install it it tries downloading about half way I would assume and then pops a message that an earlier version of 2D was detected or found and must me uninstalled before it can complete it's installation. I have tried to the point that I am willing to purchase the software to get back at using the program. I have been using this software for one year and I am totally addicted to it. I have auto cad and wont use it. So , please if there is a solution to this other than down loading to an other computer please advise me I am desperate ! I have searched program files in the start program, and every place I thought I could find the software on my hard drive. Please help !! Richard Becerra
1 REPLY

Re: Having problem uninstalling old version 2D

N/A
Am 24.05.2010 19:33, schrieb richardbecerra@att.net:
> Hello,
> I need help from someone that can show me how and where to find
> Solid Edge software to uninstall. ... Solid Edge
> was no where to be found. I will say that I have deleted to recycle bin
> every thing I thought was associated with solid Edge and then reloaded
> the free software.

try to reinstal the version you want uninstall.
After sucessful installaiton go to start-system-software and "say to
your Windows" uninstall (or delete) the programm.

if there is no way to reinstal the version you want uninstall:
.... maybe you will find in the registry some lines that schould be
deleted. but carefully (first backup) then run regedit.
Robert