Hole table

Experimenter
Experimenter

Quick question,

When I use a hole table and add callout, when I select the holes the resulting table just shows the diameter of each hole and not the info in the callout i.e. thread size. The callout column is shown but nothing in the cells. How do you specify if a hole is threaded or not, or counterbored come to that?

Regards

2 REPLIES

Re: Hole table

are you dimensioning a 3D model or working with simple 2D drawn geometry?

Those properties are read from a 3D model.

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Re: Hole table

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Anthony_S,

When making 2D drawings, you have to remember, the majority of the tools available in Solid Edge, are geared towards using views from 3D part & assembly models, where the callout text formatting pulls the inherent design information from the model features........whereas in 2D only Solid Edge, you are dealing with pure profile geometry, so you would need to annotate the threaded holes manually, and as @MattJohnson_PG says, you should set up a few blocks [named accordingly] for the holes you need, and then use the callout reference text "%{Block Name|GBLM}" to add some intelligence to it.....see attached video.

I don't think you will get the hole table to work though.....unless it can be configured to read block data. I have never done this, so can't advise if it is even possible.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10