How define point position ?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everybody,

I'm very new in SolidEdge 2D.
I try to draw some spline and it's easy with mouse, but I want define position of each spline's points (by X and Y position on the sheet).

I try to use XY button and enter position in the small windows. But impossible to do that I need.

I hope be understandable in my ask (Sorry I'm french).

Thanks by advance for your help.

6 REPLIES

Re: How define point position ?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Make sure Maintain Relationships is ON and place driving dimensions (lock ON) to locate them.  You can control the points on the spline as well as the control polygon (option to turn it on in Spline Command Bar).

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Ken, do you know if it's possible to enter positions value of each points (one by one) directly with the keypad ?

If yes it will be very helpful for me, but now I do not know method to do that...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

When you are initially drawing the spline you can turn on the "X-Y Key-in" dialog (found in the lower right Draw section of the Sketching tool bar).  Just type your coordinates in and then click for the point, type the next coodinates and click for the next point, etc...

Thanks,
Ken

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Ken,
If I drawn line or circle suite that you describe run perfectly, but If I use spline tool I have problem.

I write the first position (initial position of the spline) in the XY window and use mouse to clic. Start point is OK, after I write the second position in the XY window (always OK) and when I want clic to validate the second point it don't match...

Thank for your help.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You are right.  I noticed when I typed in the X value, it would hold it but as soon as I typed in the Y value it would hold neither.  Looks like a bug and I will report it.

Thanks,
Ken

Experimenter
Experimenter

Many thanks Ken,

Siemens french tean find other spare solution.

Put point one by one and after attach spline on points.

It's long...

If bug can be resolve it will be very nice for me. I use ONLY (really) the spline !!!!!

Xavier.