How to get a License for free Solidedge 2d

9 REPLIES

Re: How to get a License for free Solidedge 2d

Did you already download and install the software? The license is automatically applied when you install the software.

Regards,

Rick B.

Rick, Can the free2D software be used for commercial purpose too ? or is it only for personal use ?

Thanks.

[ Edited ]

Yes. Solid Edge 2D Drafting can be used for commercial purposes. There are many users that are creating drawings for commercial purposes. We encourage the use in a commercial environment. What you learn by using Solid Edge 2D Drafting will directly apply to Solid Edge and 3D workflows if you ever consider moving forward with Solid Edge and 3D design for your projects. Check out the links on the Solid Edge Home Page to see what Solid Edge customers are designing.

Regards,

Rick B.

Thanks for your prompt reply Rick. I am currently on a trial version of Solid Edge full 3D till end of June. It would be interesting to see how much of the Draft environment section is actually available in the Solid Edge 2D version.

Thanks again and regards,

Tushar Suradkar

www.cadvertex.com

Tushar,

Solid Edge 2D Drafting is a subset of Solid Edge. All of the 2D Drawing tools (geometry and annotations) are there. You cannot create drawing views derived from 3D with the 2D Drafting softwre. The UI removes any 3D workflows. You need full Solid Edge for that. Think of it in a 2D only workflow.

Regards,

Rick B.

[ Edited ]

Rick,

Thanks again for taking time out for this very important clarification.

It has helped set my expectations from SE 2D.

Obviously one should not expect any of the 3D workflows in the 2D version.

You mentioned it correctly - it is a 'subset' of Solid Edge.

The way Solid Edge Draft environment has evolved over years, it is so comforting to see it is not at all a ACAD-clone like most competitors are offering in their free give aways.

Is it possible to use two licenses at the same time on a single machine switching between my 3 month trial of full Solid Edge and the 2D versions ?

Regards,

Tushar

Thanks guys I got the license issue sorted. Cheers. Algieboy

Tushar,
If you have Solid Edge installed, you can switch out the licenses between Solid Edge and Solid Edge 2D Drafting. So you can run the full installation either way. You do not need to install both.
Regards,
Rick B.