Install on Windows 7 gives "File is corrupt" message.

I've downloaded Solid Edge 2D multiple times on Windows 7. IE 9 gave me a warning message that this program might corrupt my computer. I double clicked to install it anyway. I'm getting the error "File is corrupt". Is there another version that I should use on Windows 7? How can I get an uncorrupted version of the installation file?
3 REPLIES

Re: Install on Windows 7 gives "File is corrupt" message.

When you click on the link to download, click on Save the executable instead of Run. The download is an installation executable. Once the download is finished, you will get a chance to run the executable to install. If you still have problems running the executable, let me know what the file size is. It should be somewhere around 450MB+. It sounds like the download is not finishing.

Rick B.

The program won't rum on my computer also. I think it is a dud. Don't stress there are other 2d programs that really work. Try draftsite from Solidworks. This one works ok without all the errors.

Same problem for me too on XP. I downloaded the exe twice. The package size is 459994 kB, if anyone is interested.

Good tip for DraftSight. You can get this via the following link.

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/free-cad-software/

Dave