cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to remove the "grey corners" from solid edge drafts?

Creator
Creator

Hello,

Recently I have been plagued by the "grey corners" in my assembly drafts that are the result of out of date models. I am aware of the drawing view tracker utility. I use models from other engineers and I often cannot repair the model links as I am not in charge of said files. This brings to me to the question, is it possible to turn off/remove the grey corners? 

I wonder why the Solid Edge designers would add such a feature. I have used several other CAD packages and there are better ways to notify the user if a file/link/model is out of date. It just clogs up already busy assembly drawings. Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES

Re: Is there a way to remove the "grey corners" from solid edge drafts?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No way to remove them except to fix the models.  Essentially letting you know your views will not be correct until the links are resolved.  If you are covered under maintenance, you can log a change request with your VAR to ask to optionally turn them off with another method to indicate the model "out of date" condition.  This does not guarantee that it will be changed, but if you don't ask...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1
Highlighted

Genius
Genius

Hello,

Tootaly agree, their should be some possibility to switch off the border. With PDM if you dont have permission to an item, you cannot update them without create new revision so you must accept borders or .... die Smiley Happy.

In case of large number of views borders only disturb you. It was enough to implement a solution from NX where the outdated view is marked with a watch symbol in the drawing viewer list.

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Log it with your reseller/VAR or GTAC.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1