License not Valid?

Phenom
Phenom

I attempted to install the 2D Drafting software for my laser guy so he can draw his own flat patterns at his workstation. Despite notes everywhere that the license is included in the install package, when I fired up the software after install (Which was done on an administrator account, running the application as administrator, with UAC disabled) it said the license is not valid:

Capture.PNG

I clicked OK and pointed the software to the license file in C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Preferences\, but it cycles back to the same screen that says it could not find a valid license.

If I go to the Siemens webpage and attempt to download a license update, there are notes on the page that Current downloads are for ST6. Huh? Nevertheless, I download the SELicense.dat and point the software to this new file.....and it kicks me back to the same screen, requesting a valid license. 

What am I doing wrong, and WHY is the licensing SO painful for the free and academic versions?! I have been using Solid Edge since V17 and never have issues with licensing with the main software package!

-Dylan Gondyke
4 REPLIES

Re: License not Valid?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Did you manage to solve it? I have the same problem :-(

I have the following licence in C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Preferences\SELicense.dat

INCREMENT solidedge2ddrafting selmd 107.0 31-mar-2016 uncounted \
	HOSTID=DEMO ISSUER=SIEMENS SIGN="0B81 94AA 8933 174A 30E2 1977 \
	6BAA D1B2 5A3E 88BB E743 397A 238C 0FBF DEA7 0C90 2A72 EEF4 \
	D614 2A3A 4DD4 A762 BFD1 7B3A 0FE3 0ACD C136 1B01 C91C 4F2A"

I also tried starting Solid Edge as administrator, but that gave the same error.

Also a full reboot did not help either.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you trying to run the software through Remote Desktop? The software cannot be run this way. You must be on the machine that the software is installed.

Regards,

Rick B.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Indeed.. i'm using remote desktop. 

Too bad the software is crippled like that :-(

Thanks for the info!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The license for 2D Drafting is what does not allow the software to run through remote desktop. Solid Edge can be run through remote desktop.

Regards,

Rick B.