Memory Issues

Hi all,

When using SolidEdge 2d ST5, I have a lot of issues that appear to be memory related, for example, when I try to save a file sometimes it will tell me that there isn't enough space in the memory to do so. I only have 3GB of RAM on my system, but whenever this happens, there's usually around 1.5GB to 2GB remaining. As I also have hundreds of GB of disk space remaining, I can't work out why SolidEdge is having these issues.

Anyone have any ideas what might be the cause of this and how I could go about fixing this?

Many thanks

Richard
2 REPLIES

Re: Memory Issues

Memory is a complex issue what is reported in Task Manager is a very simplistic view.
Memory can become fragmented as it is used therefore reducing contiguous blocks of free memory into small chunks. If an application needs a memory chunk that is bigger than any one of the remaining chunks, you are out of memory even though Task Manager says you should still have plenty. This can be resolved by restarting your PC and keeping running applications at a minimum including all those little services that start when your PC starts.
How big are these Draft files?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Re: Memory Issues

One thing you can try to help with the file save issue is to uncheck the 'Include Draft Viewer data in file' option in Solid Edge Options - General tab. This will reduct the memory used during save and will reduce the size of file on disk.

Regards,
Rick B.