%{Modified} returns "Error: No reference" when using template

This my or may not be related. I updated to ST6 earlier this month without issue. I just created a new template and used the %{Modified} property in a date field on a drawing border as I normally do. This template is located on our network share for anyone to use. If I create a new DFT file and select the subject template the date field "%{Modified}" property returns the following error "Error: No reference". If I open an existing DFT file this property behavior returns the current date and appears to behave correctly. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES

Re: %{Modified} returns "Error: No reference" when using template

It this error only prior to saving the new file, or after it is saved as well?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Opening and modifying the DFT used as the template returns the date as expected. It's only when I create a new DFT and select any template with this property the error is returned. The background, sheet1 and any new sheets created exhibit the same issue.

But, do you see the error once the new file is saved? When you create a new Draft file based on a template, there is no modification date/time. It is a new file. Modified is not a in cession modify time. It is a file on disk saved time.
Regards,
Rick B.

Gentleman, I apologize for not understanding your questions. A new user in the mix complicated things and I was only communicating their issue and reference to help. Ok, so I tested it myself this morning and here's my findings. Yes, the error is still present when the new file is saved. The date is presented (error gone) only when the file is saved, closed and reopened. The new user never closed and reopened.
I'm not sure what the intended behavior is but help states "Modified = Displays the date the document was last modified. This date is updated each time the file is saved. To extract date and time, add syntax from the following table: Date and time format of property text."
Thank you for the response and I again apologize for my lack of due diligence.

Another update. A close and reopen is not required, selecting either the model or background will update the date on the sheet. It appears any action that performs a sheet "refresh" will do the trick. Zoom, Fit, etc will not do it.

I believe you will also find a command to update property text.
Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10