NO RESPONSE TO E FOR ENDPOINT

Lately, when I’m using the MOVE command to place a object's end point onto another end point, I get a beep sound and no response when I press E of endpoint. Why?

Ron
5 REPLIES

Re: NO RESPONSE TO E FOR ENDPOINT

not sure which version you are running but in some interfaces you have to hit the"K" key to invoke the keypoint option.
Check your status bar and see what it says. You may simply need to hit "K" then "E"
HTH

Matt, I'm using ST4. The E key works in most cases and works everytime except when trying to MOVE something. It's become inconsistent. When it doesn't recognize the E key, I have to hover until the Intellisketch POINT symbol appears and left click.

Ron

Ron,
I am running ST6 and am having no problems with 'E' and move. I don't know of anything between ST5 and ST6 that would be different. I know that you do a lot of customization. Could there be any keyboard customization interfeering with this?
Regards,
Rick B.

Ricky, I have ST4. Did I miss an update? The problem is intermittent. Re custimization, yes I do. Could be a mouse problem, maybe. But it seems to just have started around the time I posted this issue. If there is an update beyond ST4 available, than I can test. RSVP.

Ron

Ron,
Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4 is the current released version. We have already released Solid Edge ST5. 2D Drafting ST5 will be released soon. I state that I am on ST6 because that is what is in current development.

Regards,
Rick B.