Not sure how to Scale for 1:160

I have a plotter that can print up to ANSI D 22x34 within the area 24"x up to 100' I want the area to be in feet of about 200'X200' . i.e. creating in full size. then when I print I would like to print at 1:160 scale. This is for model railroad building i.e. "N" about half the size of "HO". How would I setup my work area to be the 200'x200'. Meaning I would create the building 1:1 then print scale at 160 times smaller so that each piece on the drawing is the actual model scale.
5 REPLIES

Re: Not sure how to Scale for 1:160

Create your drawing on the 2D Model sheet, then on the Working Sheet at the correct paper size place a 2D Model View at 1:160 and then print it.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

it will not go to 1:160.

Yes it will. There is not a value in the ratio menu, but if you divide 1 by 160, you can enter a decimal value.
Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Thanks,
Ken

If you scale an object 1:1 to working sheet setup for a printer and then print this, the printed output is not 1:1.  Example;  place a 100mm x 100mm rectangle to on an A4 sheet and send to an A4 printer. The rectangle is printed as 83mm x 83mm.  It appears as though there is further scaling going on to allow for margins in the printed output but I cannot find how to set or over ride this. Only way to get a 1:1 output is to scale the object using a scale value of 1.234 in the dynamic tool bar in sheet view.

Can someone confirm this or comment. 

The printer you print to controls the margins.  If you try and specify 1:1 in Solid Edge, hit the TAB key to see if it sticks.  If it doesn't, it is because the printable objects on the screen do not fit withing the print margins at 1:1.

Thanks,
Ken