Opening Files Crashes ST10

Creator
Creator

When I try to open an existing file ST10 crashes and gives me the error message attached to this post. If I create a new drawing in ST10 and save it, when I go to open it, it crashes. I'm running the free version of Solid Edge 2D. Any ideas what's going on?

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with service pack 1.

16G of RAM

15 REPLIES

Re: Opening Files Crashes ST10

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Metalbutcher,

Hard to pinpoint the issue, although, Windows 7 is possibly an issue, with compatibility on ST10 [even Free2D]....could you share the crash log files please?....as there may be a hint in there too.

[the address to it is at the bottom of your image  = "crashlogf.txt"]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator

Sure, here it is. Thanks for looking at it.

The system requirements say: Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, or Professional (64-bit only) with Service Pack 1 so it should work. I've tried it on two different computers with the same results.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

OK, darn....I was going to ask what your graphics card was, as a possible weak link, but I see it's a Quadro......and by all accounts, physically your system should plenty good enough, but clearly there is something causing it to drop out Solid Edge at that point. I can only surmise it to be a driver &/or software related issue. Do you run MS Office applications?

You probably do already, but have to ask....are all your software updates [Windows, Antivirus, etc] done, also do you have the latest available/compatible graphics drivers installed?

Hopefully one of the Siemens folk can spot something in the crash log, to be an AHA moment.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator

Yes on all of the software stuff. All updated. This is my home computer but I have the exact same problem with my computer at work which also runs Windows 7 64 bit and is a higher end computer.

I do run MS Office at work extensively. I have it installed on my home computer but seldom use it.

Thanks for trying Sean. I really appreciate the effort.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Greetings all

I had the same issue several months back and ended up doing a factory reset and complete update on my system thinking it was my machine, but it turen out it was the simplest of issue.  I had a USB stick, or my phone plugged into the machine. I did find this on the forum where it states that external devices can (see do) make SE crash..

My suggestion would be to remove any external device and try again, if this doesn't work, sorry I couldn;t help.

Ross

Creator
Creator
Thanks for the suggestion Dinkum but I have no external devices hooked up.

Creator
Creator

It looks like I'm going to have to delete ST10 and reinstall ST9. Bummer.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Metalbutcher  Don't think I saw the recommendation and not sure it will resolve the issue, but have you tried updating your NVIDIA driver to the latest?  It may be worth a try...

You are running 382.05,  and 385.90 is the current.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Creator
Creator

Thanks KennyG, I'll give that a try.