Opening Files from older SE version crashes ST10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

i have a similar problem as metalbutcher in his last week's post. Because I suffered a severe hard drive crash last week, I installed a new SSD on my system. I also upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 then.  Finally I got Solid Edge ST10 (Free 2D). Unfortunately I am not able to open my older Files (created with ST8 or ST9, not sure what it actually was before the crash..) anymore.

When I try to open these files, ST10 crashes after a few seconds showing the exactly the same window like the one with metalbutcher's issue (in german though) and needs to be shut down.

When I open new files created with ST10, everything is fine.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks,

Mathias

Here is my error log:

7 REPLIES

Re: Opening Files from older SE version crashes ST10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I also sent an email to Siemens regarding this issue and received a download link for Maintenance Pack 2 for ST10 then.

Everything fine now :-)

Thank you Siemens!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Wow  @Mathias_Wagner......that is exceptional support!  Robot Happy

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter
For free 2D users maintenance packs are not available for down load.
ST10 2D as available for free, is more or less useless, old files created in older versions, and files created from scratch and when re-opened solid edge crashes.
In order to obtain, maintenance packs there is a small requirement.
Need to purchase licence first, in current location and country of residence only available version for purchase is premium.
Need to go back to ST09, is this available for download, if so where can this version be found, to resume a working solution for free 2D ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@KBsrs please check your DMs.

Thank you and regards,

-Dave 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Dave, I see you seem to be fixing everyone's problems with solid edge st10 2d failing to open files. The message displayed is as follows:
'An error has occurred and Solar Edge must close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If the problem is reproducible or happens frequently please an IR using your customary process. Saving the files to disk may result in a corruption of the data. A log file has been prepared that will aid in the analysis of the problem. If submitted, this log file will be will be imported into an analysis tool used for identifying trends and detecting areas of code requiring investigation. No personal information will be included etc…
Would you like to email the log file to the Solid Edge Product Development Center for analysis, Yes No.’
Is it possible for you to perhaps help me,
kind regards,
Adam

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@AdamEcosphere sent you a PM.

Regards,

-Dave 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks ever so much, phenom is no overstatement!!!