Parts List

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Everyone.

I am doing a parts list for an assembly.

Everything is in my 3D model, but when I create a 2D draft some of my washers do not show.

They do not show on my view, nor do they show in my  properties (principal view)

Why is this and how do I fix it?

i am running SE7

3 REPLIES

Re: Parts List

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Dazzie  Recommend asking this in the "Solid Edge Forum".  The "Solid Edge 2D Drafting Forum" is meant for those users using the Free 2D product which does not allow drafting of a 3D model.

As to your question, it is hard to diagnose your issue from the brief 2 sentence explanation you provided.  The only thing that immediately comes to find is that they m,ay not be showing because of part to part interference causing the Hidden Line algorithym to fail.  This can be resolved by openeing the drawing views properties and turning on "Process intersections" on the Advanced tab.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Ken.

Advanced options did not work.

I will try explain in more detail.

I have a 3D model assembly which includes nuts, bolts and screws.  They all show perfectly on my model.

When I create a draft of the assembly some of the washers are not visible.

When I goto view properties they do not appear on the list.

On my created parts list they do not show on any of the lists in properties.

I hope the attached file helps me explain.  This issue also causes issues with part quantites.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@DazzieUnfortunately the pic does not give me enough information to diagnose.  I would suggest contacting your VAR for support.  If you can upload the assembly and it's components along with the drawing (ZIP it) and are using a commercial license, I can take a look.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1