Parts List

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone.

I am doing a parts list for an assembly.

Everything is in my 3D model, but when I create a 2D draft some of my washers do not show.

They do not show on my view, nor do they show in my  properties (principal view)

Why is this and how do I fix it?

i am running SE7

6 REPLIES

Re: Parts List

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Dazzie  Recommend asking this in the "Solid Edge Forum".  The "Solid Edge 2D Drafting Forum" is meant for those users using the Free 2D product which does not allow drafting of a 3D model.

As to your question, it is hard to diagnose your issue from the brief 2 sentence explanation you provided.  The only thing that immediately comes to find is that they m,ay not be showing because of part to part interference causing the Hidden Line algorithym to fail.  This can be resolved by openeing the drawing views properties and turning on "Process intersections" on the Advanced tab.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Ken.

Advanced options did not work.

I will try explain in more detail.

I have a 3D model assembly which includes nuts, bolts and screws.  They all show perfectly on my model.

When I create a draft of the assembly some of the washers are not visible.

When I goto view properties they do not appear on the list.

On my created parts list they do not show on any of the lists in properties.

I hope the attached file helps me explain.  This issue also causes issues with part quantites.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@DazzieUnfortunately the pic does not give me enough information to diagnose.  I would suggest contacting your VAR for support.  If you can upload the assembly and it's components along with the drawing (ZIP it) and are using a commercial license, I can take a look.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Betreff: Parts List

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Dazzie

this might come from a property setting in the assembly to not show those parts neither bring them into the BOM.

So go to the asm and take a view into the occurency properties.

Look onto those lines for mentioned parts what there is set for "Shown in Draft" and "In BOM"

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi.

Works, thank you.

Why does it show it do this. I mean the same part is used in different places yet sets some to show and some not to show.
I would rather have to turn parts of rather than see mixed on and off.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Dazzie

no I think this option makes sense anyway.

Think about the need of showing a neighbour part, which should not be member of that BOM.

In another assembly it will be member of a BOM.

Some users build small assemblies but only the primary part should be shown in the BOM not the rest.

I remember many situations where one and the same part will be shown once and not the next time.

It definitively is not a part property wether it should be within a bom or not.

regards
Wolfgang