Placing 2d Model on the Title Sheet and printing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am new to Solid Edge and have become stumped on how to place a 2d Model at a scale of 1:1 onto a smaller Title Sheet.  It seems that I can get close, but no cigar.  Any information as to how it is done will be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES

Re: Placing 2d Model on the Title Sheet and printing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I forgot to say that I am using the free 2d ST8 version on a PC.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I assume you are drawing 1:1 geometry in the 2D Model drawing sheet. Is that correct? And I also assume you want to place a view of this 2D Model geometry on a Working Sheet (your Title Sheet) at some scale. Is this also correct? At this point I don't know if you have located the 2D Model Voew command that allows you to place a view of your 2D geometry on the working sheet. That is the starting point. Once this view is placed on the working sheet, you can change the scale of the view to whatever you need.

Regards,

Rick B.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Rick,

Thank you for your reply.  Yes to all you mentioned except the last part.  Once the 2d model is shown on top of the title sheet I can find no way to reduce the 2d size.  I have been sent some screen shots of the process that show a data box that allows the scale to be changed, but it does not pop up on mine and I have been unable to find a way of activating it.  I am sure I am just missing this process in some way, but so far it has escaped my ability.

Thank you again,

Jim

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jim,

When initially placing the 2D Model view on the working sheet, it will be 1:1 scale. Click to place the view anyway. Then you can change the scale of the view. Fit the display. Click on the view and you should see the Modify command ribbon. One of the options is scale. Reduce the sclat so tht it shrinks down to the sheet that you are placing it on. Then you can drag it around to where you want it.

Regards,

rick B.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

All,

Turns out that on the free 2d ST8 once the 2d model has been placed over the small title block the procedure is to right click on the model, select Properties, then the scale can be changed to fit the title block.

Thanks to all of you for your help and input.  It was through your cooperative effort that you have saved my sanity.

Jim