Print drawings prints auto hide layer

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Guys

If I start SE2d and do not open a file, then select " print drawings" the auto hide layer gets printed as well.

Is there a trick to preventing this?

Pete

4 REPLIES

Re: Print drawings prints auto hide layer

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pete,

Not seeing this happen here [allbeit, I'm testing your scenario in the commecial version].....are you sure the elements are actually on the "Auto Hide" layer?

I'll go jump on one of the factory guys PC's and see what 2DFree does for them. Actually, what version are you running?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Sean

Definately on the auto hide layer, ( first thing I checked ). They only thing on the layer are a dozen construction lines, nothing fancy.

If I open the file and select "print drawings" everything works fine. However if the file is not open and "print drawings" is used then auto hide layer prints.

I am running ST7

Cheers

Pete

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Sean

I found if I have an annotation on the auto hide layer the problem is repeatable. If I remove the annotation the problem is not repeatable. I have attached a sample file which demos the problem.

Pete

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Pete,

Indeed you are correct, the annotation does not appear to be transfered to the "Auto Hide" layer [as can be seen in the preview].....

ST7_PrintDrawings_AutoHideLayer_FailsForAnnotations.png

This is an odd scenario though, as you'd not normally [not to say that you can't, and that it shouldn't function like you want] add these at the "2D Model" level, rather, at working sheet level.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10