Printing over multple pages

Hi All- I am new to 2D software but not to drawing. I am having a problem printing. What I want to do is to print an ellipse over multiple pages to get something full scale that I can then cut and trace onto a piece of wood so I have a nice ellipse that is even on both sides. The actual size of the ellipse is 32" overall length. It seems that all drawings are limited to printing on a single 8-1/2 x 11 page, rather than tiling over several sheets to get a full scale drawing of an object. Is it possible to do that? I had no problem doing this on Drafix 4.0 Pro that I used for years, but alas, my XP computer has died.

Thank you in advance.

Jim
2 REPLIES

Re: Printing over multple pages

Aren't you shooting a fly with a canon?

http://www.mathopenref.com/constellipse1.html

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user

Re: Printing over multple pages

Solid Edge will not allow you to over scale a print area and send it to the printer.  Unless your printer has an option in it's settings to use multiple sheets to make a single printable area (typically called "Poster" but not all have it), you're stuck with whatever paper size you have.  My plotter has the Poster option, but it appears to do the scaling so SE still sees a printable area of a single sheet, so it may be difficult to get the correct scale if it matters.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10