Problems downloading Free 2D ST7

I had a problem with my ST6 install last week so I thought I would take the opportunity to upgrade to ST7. However I have problems with the download.

Fistly it's reported that the download is 2GB is that correct? The download certainly takes a long time 6-7hrs and i've tried from a few different places.

Perhaps becsue the file is so big I haven't been able to sucesfully download and one the few occasions that the download appears to complete I can't run it becuse the computer claims it's broken. I'm using Win7, and Firefox for the download.

Is there any alternative location I can try for the download? Or a recommended soaftware for doing the download? I'm in Taiwan if the location could be a factor?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES

Re: Problems downloading Free 2D ST7

The download time is dependent on your Internet connection. Yes, the size of the download is now around 2GB. All Solid Edge 2D Drafting files are pulled from the same server.

If you had rather download ST6 again, I can provide a link to give you access to the ST6 download. I will need to know which language you prefer.

Regards,

Rick B.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply. I have now been able to install ST7 Drafting. In case anyone has the same problem - I had to use a download manger to make sure the whole file downloaded (DownThemAll! plugin for Firefox). The builtin downloader in Firefox always decides that it's finished after about 1.3GB.

However my problems are not over it looks like after installing ST7 the problem that happened with my original ST6 install is still occuring. It crashes on startup with the message that 'Solid Edge has stopped working'.

Since it's a new install now I guess it's something external to the program itself - but I've no idea where to start looking. The crashlog file is attached if that is any use. No new software or Windows update was installed inbetween working and non working state.

Thanks in advance

Tried reinstalling with no sucess. But I was able to use Solid Edge when I booted into Safe Mode. I tried deleting the registry entries for my user as suggested elsewhere on the forum, also using it as differnet users on the computer - Also no sucess.

I saw one guy suggest that similar issue was only fixed by reinstalling Windows. I hope not,,,,

Thanks in advance.

Hello rlblack, I am new to this community and wants some help.I can't download solidedge st8. It automatically download the file with 0byte memory instead of 2gb, do you have links alternative to this, I am a new user if you have lower version if it will activate , that is already okay with me.Thanks

[ Edited ]

J07 wrote:

Hello rlblack, I am new to this community and wants some help.I can't download solidedge st8. It automatically download the file with 0byte memory instead of 2gb, do you have links alternative to this, I am a new user if you have lower version if it will activate , that is already okay with me.Thanks

Hi there @J07,

If your download reports 0kb, then the most likely cause, is your connection to the server was interupted, or terminated, for any number of reasons.

I believe there is some limitations with IE browser.....I recommend trying again, but using Google Chrome [or Firefox] browser, and also install the Chrono [or similar] download manager. This combo has performed flawlessly for me, over the years.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10