Reply

Remove/edit relationships


Hi there.
How can I remove/edit relationships between elements?
For example I have 2 connected lines, and there common point is surrounded by a
square. How can I separate them?
Thanks.
Cedric.
5 REPLIES

Re: Remove/edit relationships

You can select the relationship handle (square) same as any other element
and delete it.
David
"Cedric Groyer" wrote in message
news:469f1af7$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>
> Hi there.
>
> How can I remove/edit relationships between elements?
> For example I have 2 connected lines, and there common point is surrounded
> by a
> square. How can I separate them?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cedric.
>


Re: Remove/edit relationships


Thanks David.
I realize my question was of a very high level now Smiley Happy .
Though, yesterday I could not select the square around the common point of two curves.
So I could not delete it. I probably did something wrong, or maybe this square is
not a relationship.
Anyway, thanks I'll try again when possible.
Cheers.
Cedric.

"David Rieschick" wrote:
>You can select the relationship handle (square) same as any other element
>
>and delete it.
>
>David
>
>"Cedric Groyer" wrote in message
>news:469f1af7$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>>
>> Hi there.
>>
>> How can I remove/edit relationships between elements?
>> For example I have 2 connected lines, and there common point is surrounded

>
>> by a
>> square. How can I separate them?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Cedric.
>>

>
>

Re: Remove/edit relationships

Cedric,
You must have the display of relationships turned on to manipulate them.
Ckick on Tools at the top of the application window and make sure there is a
check beside Relationship Handles. If there is not, click on Relationship
Handles to enable it and they will display.
The connect relationship that you are asking about looks like a little
square with a dot in the center. With the Select Tool command running, place
the cursor over the connected end of the lines. If the connect relationship
highlights, simply delete it. The lines will be disconnected. One of the two
lines may highlight. Since there are multiple objects at the connected end,
2 lines and the connect relationship, you may use Quick Pick to identify the
object you want to select. If you pause ofer the connected end, you will see
an image of a mouse with three dots under it. With this image displayed,
right mouse click. You will see a dialog display that has a list of all
objects that are under the cursor at the current location. You can move up
and down in the list to select the object you need. Just click on the one
you want to manipulate.
Regards,
Rick B.

Re: Remove/edit relationships


I'm having same problem as Cedric had, I can't select Relations.
- They are displayed
- This is a problem regardless of whether "Maintain Relationships" is selected or
not
- Independant of what layer I'm on (tried all layers)
- Can select the elements themselves
- Quick pick only gives options of elements (e.g. two lines that meet and connect)
but not the Coincident relation.
Pretty sure this was never a problem with the 3D version, but it's driving me mad
as currently I'm having to delete the entity to remove a relation.
Please Help!!!!
-Andy.
www.continual-motion.com

Re: Remove/edit relationships

When the Select Tool is active there is a Select Options filter button on
the left end of your ribbon bar. Select this and make sure Relationship
Handles is checked. I also like to have All Layers checked but that depends
on your workflow.
David
"Andy Southern" wrote in message
news:46b04edf$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>
> I'm having same problem as Cedric had, I can't select Relations.
>
> - They are displayed
> - This is a problem regardless of whether "Maintain Relationships" is
> selected or
> not
> - Independant of what layer I'm on (tried all layers)
> - Can select the elements themselves
> - Quick pick only gives options of elements (e.g. two lines that meet and
> connect)
> but not the Coincident relation.
>
> Pretty sure this was never a problem with the 3D version, but it's driving
> me mad
> as currently I'm having to delete the entity to remove a relation.
>
> Please Help!!!!
>
> -Andy.
> www.continual-motion.com