Renew now, ungrade later?

N/A
My license for st42d runs out in a few days. I'd like to try the new st5 2d but I've got some drafting to do and don't have time to do all the set-up stuff: preferences for units and dimensions, radial menu set-up, modify keyboard shortcuts, fixing the ribbons for maximum drafting space, etc. Takes a while. Can I renew the license now and upgrade to st5 2d in a few weeks?
No problems with st4 2d, but I'm guessing st5 has some improvements.
4 REPLIES

Re: Renew now, ungrade later?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Yes, you can update the ST4 license. You go back to the free2D web site. Here is the link.
http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/velocity/solidedge/free2d/index.shtml

In this web page to the right there is a link to update your 2D Drafting license. Click on that link. Follow the steps. Once you enter your information, you will be directed to a web page where you click on the link to download the license. It will be a .zip file that contains the license file and a text file. The text file will describe how to apply the license.

Regards,
Rick B.

N/A
Thank you, that was easy enough. Still want to try the new version. Wonder if the installer also uninstalls the previous version, or do I do that myself prior to going to the site?
D.S.

N/A
Hi D.S.
As I was in the process of installling ST5, my PC informed me there was already an SE 2d program installed and that I would have to uninstal that myself. After uninstalling ST4, ST5 installed OK. With me there was no problems with license issues since the license is incorporated in the ST5 installation software.
Don't know if this helps,
George

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
If you have 2D Drafting installed and you try to install another version, it will tell you that you must uninstall the older version first.

Regards,
Rick B.