Rotating an object

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I know there is an icon for rotating an object in the 3d version, but I cannot find a method of rotating an object in the free 2d version.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES

Re: Rotating an object

Genius
Genius

Go to HOME and in the 3rd grouping of commands, chose the icon that looks likes a cross with arrow heads on all 4 ends. Its the MOVE icon. If you click on the drop down menu next to it, you'll see that ROTATE is grouped with it.  Its looks like a double arrow in circles with arrow heads on the ends as if rotating counter clockwise.

Ron

Re: Rotating an object

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

As @ronlatour says, it is a sub-select tool, under the Move button....other commands are like this, and indicated thus, by the small bown arrow head beside each of them.

NOTE: as with the move tool, etc....there is a button for "Copy" that I think is illuminated "ON" by default, make sure to click to turn that off/on, as required.

....one other way to find the location of tools, is the "Command Finder" found at the lower right of the graphics window, type in "Rotate" here, an then in the matches dialogue, mouse over the listed result[s] and Solid Edge should animate where the tool is located.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10