SE 2D to AUTOcad Lite '04 Translation Issues

N/A

I'm using SE 2D to make some sheet metal part drawings and transferring them to a
machine shop as both .dwg and .dxf files. When the engineers at the shop open the
files (using AUTOcad Lite 2004) dimensions are missing all over the place. Can
anyone help me out?
Thanks,
Scott
3 REPLIES

Re: SE 2D to AUTOcad Lite '04 Translation Issues

N/A
If you are talking about the text or symbols missing, it is probably due to
the Solid Edge fonts are not installed on the machine shops computer. You
must send them the fonts to correct the situation if this is the case.
--
Ken
http://grundey.blogspot.com
"Scott Stewart" wrote in message
news:4861203d$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>
> I'm using SE 2D to make some sheet metal part drawings and transferring
> them to a
> machine shop as both .dwg and .dxf files. When the engineers at the shop
> open the
> files (using AUTOcad Lite 2004) dimensions are missing all over the place.
> Can
> anyone help me out?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott


Re: SE 2D to AUTOcad Lite '04 Translation Issues

N/A

I wish it was just that! Here's an example: I create a drawing in SE-2D that has
front, side, and back views of the part. When I save the drawing as a .dwg or .dxf
file and transfer it to the machinist I'm working with, he sees only the front and
back views. The side view is missing completely!
I've already got all my part drawings (20 thus far) in SE 2D and don't really want
to redraw them all in AC.
Any additional suggestions?
Scott
"PellaKen" wrote:
>If you are talking about the text or symbols missing, it is probably due to
>
>the Solid Edge fonts are not installed on the machine shops computer. You
>
>must send them the fonts to correct the situation if this is the case.
>
>--
>Ken
>http://grundey.blogspot.com

Re: SE 2D to AUTOcad Lite '04 Translation Issues

N/A
Post snapshots of the drawing SE then of the drawing in Autocad Lt.
"Scott Stewart" wrote in message
news:48628ae6$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>
> I wish it was just that! Here's an example: I create a drawing in SE-2D
> that has
> front, side, and back views of the part. When I save the drawing as a
> .dwg or .dxf
> file and transfer it to the machinist I'm working with, he sees only the
> front and
> back views. The side view is missing completely!
>
> I've already got all my part drawings (20 thus far) in SE 2D and don't
> really want
> to redraw them all in AC.
>
> Any additional suggestions?
>
> Scott
>
> "PellaKen" wrote:
>>If you are talking about the text or symbols missing, it is probably due
>>to
>>
>>the Solid Edge fonts are not installed on the machine shops computer. You
>>
>>must send them the fonts to correct the situation if this is the case.
>>
>>--
>>Ken
>>http://grundey.blogspot.com