SE Free 2D Drafting ST6?

Hi,
Was wondering if, SE Free 2D Drafting ST6 version is to be released and likely release date?

Thanks.
10 REPLIES

Re: SE Free 2D Drafting ST6?

Corca,
We do not have a specific release date scheduled for Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST6. It will most likely be toward the end of September at the earliest.

Regards,
Rick B.

Hi Ricky,
Thanks for feedback it's appreciated.

SE Free 2D Drafting ST6?

Hello,

As far as I know, 2D Drafting ST6 is not still available. Does anybody have any idea about the release date for this license?

Thanks.

All,
We are still working through some significant problems that are delaying the release. We will release it ASAP.
Why are you asking only about the license? The ST5 license has not expired. If you are dropping a Free 2D License on top of a Solid Edge install, then that workflow is not really supported.

Regards,
Rick B.

Hello Rick,
My only problem is that we want to upgrade to ST6, but having suppliers working with some 2D Drafting stations, if they can´t upgrade I enforce them to use only the viewer to see our drawings. For the moment, we will wait to the 2D ST6 release.
Many thanks for the feedback. Regards.
GABRIEL

Hi, I just went to the Siemens-site http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/velocity/solidedge/free2d/ where I found:

Current downloads are for Solid Edge ST6.

But when I went to " I already have Solid Edge 2D drafting and want to upgrade to the newest for FREE" it says there:

Solid Edge Free 2D: Upgrade or Renew your License
Thanks for deciding to upgrade your version of Solid Edge 2D Drafting. This new version will give you an immediate advantage with new capabilities.

Current downloads are for Solid Edge ST5.

I'm a bit confused, could someone shed some light on this issue with the new version?

Regards, Andreas

Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST6 is available. The web pages are being updated accordingly. This is just some text that has not been updated. Also, depending on where you are the links for the languages on the download page may not have been updated as of this time. We are working to get these updated.

Regards,
Rick B.

Rick,
Can you briefly describe the differences between ST5 and ST6? Any new features or mostly bug fixes?
Thanks,
Ed

If you go to the following link it will list new stuff in ST6 Draft. Be mindful that Solid Edge is a 3D product of which Draft's primary job is to document 3D models and thus there is about 90% more than what is listed here that does not apply to the Free 2D app.
http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/training/se/106/en_US/index.html#uid:index_wh...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10