SE2D ST4 Invalid License

Trying to install 2D ST4 on a computer, and I'm getting an invalid license error. I have admin rights, installed to the default location, and UAC is off. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times with no luck. I tried installing on a similar computer (to test), and it works pefectly.

I tried running the SECleanupAll utility and reinstalling, and I still get the error. Windows 7 Enterprise x64. I've included a copy of the selicense.dat file for reference.

INCREMENT solidedge2ddrafting selmd 104.0 31-mar-2013 uncounted \
HOSTID=DEMO ISSUER=UGS SIGN="19F2 0C7A F681 269F BCD0 E0E7 \
669A 979B 2498 DE77 542D 952C 9252 62CA 53DA 020F 8522 C9F4 \
8777 6394 5BF1 50DF 1C6A 3594 4E71 951F 0F07 184D A5A0 DBFD"

Help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
10 REPLIES

Re: SE2D ST4 Invalid License

Just to clarify, the message also tells me to update the license. I thought with ST4 there was no need to update, as it was installed automatically? There WAS ST4 viewer on the computer previously, but that has since been removed (and also the SECleanupAll utility was used to remove registry keys)

Also, the machine that I am trying to install on that does not work is remote, however I used RDP to completely log the user off, to log myself in locally as admin (as it creates my user profile on their computer) and install.

Did you copy the license file in to the "program" folder for Solid Edge Free 2D?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

As far as I understood, with the installation of ST4 the license is there automatically. Within the program folder, I did find SELicense.dat, which is what I copied and pasted in my original post. Even replacing the license with the one that worked with the other computer yielded the same invalid license result.

yes, u r right.
after installation, there is an original selicense.dat file, if u need to try the demostration function, u need to replace the original license file in program folder with your new license file.

I can't even get the program to open at all. After install, once I go to open it, I get the invalid license error.....

The license you show above is the correct license. You mention that you are installing the software remotely. I would start by installing locally. I have also seen issues with the OS virtualizing the license. If installing locally does not resolve the issue, install locally to a folder outside of the Programs folder such as "C:\SolidEdge".
Regards,
Rick B.

Installs on my computer fine; however the other computer still yields an error whether installing from default location or to a different location (I tried C:\Solidedge).

I am just verifying something. You are installing the software locally, and then running the software locally. You are not trying to run the software remotely? Correct?

Regards,
Rick B.

I have no way to be completely local as the user is many states away (I am in New York, user in is Wisconsin). However using Remote Assistance to the remote user, and simply installing using Runas seems to work. Tested this on another system and it worked fine - I'll be updating the actual user in about an hour and will update once we attempt.

Thanks