Trying to install 2D ST4 on a computer, and I'm getting an invalid license error. I have admin rights, installed to the default location, and UAC is off. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times with no luck. I tried installing on a similar computer (to test), and it works pefectly.
I tried running the SECleanupAll utility and reinstalling, and I still get the error. Windows 7 Enterprise x64. I've included a copy of the selicense.dat file for reference.
Just to clarify, the message also tells me to update the license. I thought with ST4 there was no need to update, as it was installed automatically? There WAS ST4 viewer on the computer previously, but that has since been removed (and also the SECleanupAll utility was used to remove registry keys)
Also, the machine that I am trying to install on that does not work is remote, however I used RDP to completely log the user off, to log myself in locally as admin (as it creates my user profile on their computer) and install.
As far as I understood, with the installation of ST4 the license is there automatically. Within the program folder, I did find SELicense.dat, which is what I copied and pasted in my original post. Even replacing the license with the one that worked with the other computer yielded the same invalid license result.
yes, u r right. after installation, there is an original selicense.dat file, if u need to try the demostration function, u need to replace the original license file in program folder with your new license file.
The license you show above is the correct license. You mention that you are installing the software remotely. I would start by installing locally. I have also seen issues with the OS virtualizing the license. If installing locally does not resolve the issue, install locally to a folder outside of the Programs folder such as "C:\SolidEdge".
I have no way to be completely local as the user is many states away (I am in New York, user in is Wisconsin). However using Remote Assistance to the remote user, and simply installing using Runas seems to work. Tested this on another system and it worked fine - I'll be updating the actual user in about an hour and will update once we attempt.