SOLID EDGE 2D DRAFTING

V20 was going in the right direction. I was extolling its virtues. Now I have got
a sore neck looking up at the toolbars that I can not move. I can't find how to
set the origin. I can't edit a line. I can't easily select an item for editing without
selecting properties. I can't find secondary units.
I have just about had enough. I came from turbocad. I will stay with V20 until
you pull the plug. then maybe I'll go back.
Did you sell this thing to Bill Gates. I can't see where this development is heading
Get it back on the rails for goodness sake.
Geoff
1 REPLY

Re: SOLID EDGE 2D DRAFTING

Geoff,
It can be frustrating at first because all the commands you use have been moved. However. once you learn the new locations and take adavantage of the Quick Access bar your workflow should run a smoothly as before. You can also take comfort in the fact that users of the full SE package are also asking for some changes to the new interface and development is listening. I wouldn't reccomend waiting to learn the new interface. You will only be prolonging the inevitable.
I answered some of your questions below.
"Geoff Burford" wrote in message news:491183d5$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>
> V20 was going in the right direction. I was extolling its virtues. Now I have got
> a sore neck looking up at the toolbars that I can not move. I can't find how to
> set the origin.

See attached image title "ORIGIN". It is located under the Sketching tab inside the Draw block

>I can't edit a line. I can't easily select an item for editing without
> selecting properties.

Not entirely certain what you are referring to but when you select a line or other object the setting for that object are in the Command Bar to the left. The Command Bar replaces the Ribbon Bar in V20. See attached image titled "LINE"

>I can't find secondary units.

Secondary units are still controlled by styles as they were in V20. Styles are located under the View tab in the Style block. See attached image titled "SECONDARY UNITS". You can override the style properties of a single dimension by using the Right Mouse Button

> I have just about had enough. I came from turbocad. I will stay with V20 until
> you pull the plug. then maybe I'll go back.
> Did you sell this thing to Bill Gates. I can't see where this development is heading
> Get it back on the rails for goodness sake.
> Geoff
>