ST3 release?

I just bought a new laptop that has Windows7 home on it and I was wondering when we might see the release of ST3. I'll probably upgrade to Win7 Pro to get the XP emulator but need to check a few other applications to see if I need to spend the extra money.
8 REPLIES

Re: ST3 release?

The Solid Edge ST3 languages are being built and tested.
As soon as all languages are completed, they will be posted together.
I'll post a message when they are available.
Regards,
Rick B.

Thanks.

Also do you know if there is a low priced version of the full 3D application that individuals can buy?

I'll pass your email on to someone who can contact you about pricing.
Are you an instructor?
I noticed that your email ends in .edu.
Rick B.

I'm just a staff person and most of my use is personal so I either stay with the 2D or hope that there is a low price personal version. I might sometimes make a diagram or flow chart with this software for work, but nothing that the 2D version won't handle. Most of my personal work is for machining on my manual crank mill, so doing views for each surface is fine, but being able to put all the pieces together into a 3D object would be neat if I ever sent projects out for small batches of manufacturing. It also seems like a skill I would like to have, one never knows what might be needed to put food on the table so I try to get as fluent as possible in everything that I touch for my hobbies.
Notice I don't try to use the educational discount for my personal needs, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem but I would rather be up front about what I'm trying to do. If it was to be mostly used at work I wouldn't have an issue asking for a discount, but being personal seem a little dishonest to ask for that type of discount.

I see ST3 3D is available.

How difficult will it be to uninstall ST2 on my Win7 machine and install ST3 when it comes out? My machine is still currently Win7 Home Premium, waiting for a payment issue to clear up to receive my Pro upgrade key, not sure if the version makes a difference. I have tried to really defeat several of the locks that Windows places on things like My Documents folder with no luck, wondering if I need Pro to do it correctly and should continue to wait for ST3 or try ST2 and see what happens.

If anyone is still reading this thread... ST3 is now available for download! I'll know tonight if it works on Win7pro (bought my upgrade last night).
And Firefox is working fine to get this download!

I downloaded it yesterday and installed it on my laptop which is running Windows 7 Home Premium. The software is running just fine based on the little bit of playing I did with it. But then ST2 ran just fine also on the same computer.

I must have just missed the upload yesterday, still said ST2 when I checked.