ST4 won't install on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

N/A
I can't get Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4 to install. It unpacks and the Installer starts to do it's thing. I get as far as the Install Wizard asking me to accept the license agreement, etc. I click on "install" and then, in a few seconds, get an error message saying only that the wizard was interrupted before installation was complete.

I have administrator rights *and* have tried running setup as "Run as Administrator."

I re-downloaded the installation package.

I have a new Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system. There is no previous installation of Solid Edge on the machine.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Dan
20 REPLIES

Re: ST4 won't install on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

N/A
Did you turn UAC off? I haven't tried to upgrade my computer yet so I'm not sure if this will help.

N/A
Did you turn UAC off? I haven't tried to upgrade my computer yet so I'm not sure if this will help.

No, I didn't. Good idea. I'll try that.
Thanks,
Dan

N/A
No, I didn't. Good idea. I'll try that.
Thanks,
Dan

Turned off UAC. Still won't install. Installation gets interrupted immediately after I accept the license.
Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Dan

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Dan,
Can you post an image of the error you are getting?

Regards,
Rick B.

N/A
Thanks, Rick. Here is the error screen.

Dan

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Dan,
I have spoken with the people who are experts in the installation process. We use the Microsoft Windows Installer for installation and uninstall. The problem is not with Solid Edge. I have over 300,000 users of 2D Drafting around the world.

The problem is between Windows Installer and your OS. What I can do is to suggest you do an internet search for 'windows installer interrupted'. You will find many hits on this topic. I expect that installing other software that uses the Windows Installer will also give you the same problem.

The following is a link that may help, but I cannot know for sure.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/installshield-interr...

Regards,
Rick B.

N/A
Thanks, Rick. I followed the MS Answer but it didn't help. I've installed lots of programs through Windows Installer on my present machine without a problem. I ran the Windows Compatibility Check, and it reports that the ST4 install package is incompatible. I'm just wondering whether anyone else has tried this install on a Windows 7 64-bit system. I'll keep checking back on this forum to see whether anyone else is having a similar problem.
Thanks for your help,
Dan

N/A
I have installed ST4 on my notebook computer and it's running fine with Windows 7 64 bit OS.

Ed

N/A
I suggest downloading the installer again, it might have been corrupted during the download.