ST5 FILE STRANGE BEHAVIOR

Ricky, I have a file that occasionally mixes the Model and Draft appearance showing up as rectangular image within the Model environment. I’ve attached a screen capture to illustrate my point. I’ve been occasionally seeing this with this file and only this file for a few months. I had hopes that ST5 would fix it – not so.

I’ve seen this happen to me before with earlier versions of SE. I think the file is in need of a fix but take a look and let me know your thoughts.

http://screencast.com/t/rmo3RG6Q

Thanks,
Ron
12 REPLIES

Re: ST5 FILE STRANGE BEHAVIOR

Ron,
If you can send the file to me, I will take a look.
From the title at the top it looks like you are on a working sheet.

regards,
Rick B.

Ricky, I'm sending the file to ricky.black@siemens.com via MS OUTLOOK. I hope this is still your email address. I got an error message when trying to send it from this site.

Thanks,
Ron

Ricky, had heard anything back from you since I sent the file. Did you get it?

Ron

Ron,
I have been away for a while. Yes, I got the file. I can't see anything unusual. One thing I see in the screencast in the original post is that I don't see the sheet tab tray. I see that you still use customization to the Nth degree. How are you switching back and forth between 2D Mosel and working sheets?

Regards,
Rick B.

Ricky, actually there are 9 DRAFT sheets in the file plus the MODEL. I think that the loss of the sheet tab tray is part of the problem. It's as if the file gets confused as which environment it's suppose to be in. Unfortunately, I haven t found the combination of events that causes this problem. If and when I do, I ll post it.

Re my nth degree of customization, I have reduced it immesenly since I tried and learned the advantage of the RADIAL menu. But I do have a gaming mouse and I use all of the keys/buttons with keyboard shortcuts. As I ve suggested before when we had visited this issue, if there is a limit as to the customization allowed, than the software should either provide a warning or a hard STOP .

Thanks,
Ron

Ricky,
I have been using Solid Edge 2D for several years and love it to pieces. I have a copy at my work, and here at home in my desktop. I bought a new Windows 8 All In One machine a few days ago and attempted to download ST5. My error message reads as follows when I try to launch it:
SOLID EDGE LICENSE CHECK
The feature solidedge2ddrafting failed to check out for the following reason:
System clock has been set back. Feature: solidedge2ddrafting, License path - ,etc.
I had this problem with my computer at work and you were able to fix it, I hope you can do the same with this one.
Thanks in advance,
Mike Pelkey
(805) 813-1413
mike@the-pelkeys.com

Mike,
You say that this is a new machine. Have you been changing the system time on the machine?

Regards,
Rick B.

It can happen if there is any file with a create date newer than today. Do a search for create dates greater than today on all your files.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

No Ricky, I haven't touched the date but it is a Windows 8 OS. Could that be the problem?