ST5 installation - invalid license

Hi,
I uninstalled ST4 and install ST5 on a Win7 x64. Based on the download notes, the license file should be integrated. "Software Download (ST5) - The license is within this download".
However, when I start the application, I get "Sold Edge 2D Drafting could not find a valid license".

Additional info:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST5\Program\SELicense.dat is 261 bytes, dated 2012-06-17 13:00, CRC32 2ddcf047.

Please advise.
Thanks
13 REPLIES

Re: ST5 installation - invalid license

Lets first make sure that the license is correct. Open the SELicense.dat file that you show in the installation path with Notepad. Copy the contents of the file and paste into a reply to this post.

Regards,
Rick B.

I had the exact same problem so I went to the website and requested a new license file. Now I have two license files and neither will work. How do I fix this?

Were you logged in with administrator privileges when you tried to install the software? Also, did you have the UAC turned all the way down?

Rick B.

I had ST4 installed prior to trying to install ST5. I have had many versions prior to both of these installed. I think I had this issue several years ago with a prior version, but downloading a new license file fixed the issue if I recall.

The first time I tried installing ST5 I uninstalled ST4 and ran CCleaner to clean the registry. I had admin rights but did not have UAC completely off. License file did not work, so I clicked the "Click here to obtain a free update to your license or check for newer versions." button and got a new license file. This file contained:

INCREMENT solidedge2ddrafting selmd 105.0 31-mar-2014 uncounted \
HOSTID=DEMO ISSUER=SIEMENS SIGN="013A EC3B BBE0 5584 572F 9ECB \
476A 31E5 65FF 9508 EAB0 6128 0D18 7D5F D75B 16A6 C4B2 3BB9 \
94DF A3AE 2EEB E3FD 24B6 417A CD02 97E8 6A13 8328 D649 1853"

This above license file did not work.

For my latest attempt, I uninstalled ST5, cleaned the registry, turned UAC off, restarted computer, reinstalled ST5 with admin rights and UAC off, and durinig the EULA agreement I left everything blank (except for clicking agree to EULA). SE still does not run and complains about no valid license.

This is the license file that is included in the installation file:

INCREMENT solidedge2ddrafting selmd 105.0 31-jan-2014 uncounted \
HOSTID=DEMO ISSUER=SIEMENS SIGN="16D1 FB2C 349E D37D 1CC7 EEA0 \
B924 2AAA ECAD 4D8C 36B8 4F04 55A3 A906 8971 09C0 3386 891B \
C59F 6423 9230 789D D9FC CEB7 99D7 2870 A4B6 0399 C80B 569F"

The only thing different about this install compared with prior version was that I downloaded the install file on 12/4/2012 but did not try to install until about 3 or 4 weeks later. In the past, I installed immediately after downloading.

The license in the install and the download license is the same. The license is correct. If the license was incorrect, everyone would be having the same issue. It has to be something with privileges. Are you installing or trying to run the software remotely? If no, try this. Uninstall the software again. Create a dummy folder directly at the 'C:' level. When you reinstall use that folder as the folder to install the software. I have seen issued wuth UAC and privileges where the standard 'Programs' folder get privileges set ont somehow and the FLEX license server we use cannot access the license in the software folder. Installing the software somewhere else resolves the issue.
Regards,
Rick B.

I've resolved my issue. When remotely connected, it gives me that error; I can't run the program being a remote user.
I don't know if installing remotely and running the program non-remotely works or not.

It is best to install and run locally.

Rick B.

I've noticed the same thing. I can't Remote Desktop into my host and then start SolidEdge without getting the error described above. However if I start SolidEdge on my host first and then remote in, I don't get the license error. Bizzare bug!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
I uninstalled the ST4 version as instructed but when I try install the ST5 version I get the following message.
"You are attempting to install Solid Edge on a non-supported operating system. Solid Edge is only supported on Vista SP1 and later operating systems. Cancelling Installation"
I now now longer have any program to use and starting to stress. I am running Windows XP. How can I get ST4 back?????
Mandy