ST7 Alignment lines

Creator
Creator

Whe I upgraded to ST7 I lost my alignment lines. Changed the settings but still can not get them. I use these all the time. Unfortunately once you save a ST7 file you can not go back to a ST6 system. Need some help.

Bill

6 REPLIES

Re: ST7 Alignment lines

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

In 2D Drafting the toggle is  in Tools->Assistants command group.

The location of commands change from Draft to 2D Drafting.

Regards,

Rick B.

Creator
Creator

Creator
Creator

Thanks,

That worked what does the Extensions setting do in the intelliSketch Relationship window do?

Bill

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This allows you to create constraints such as 'connect' to an extension of an object. For example create a line that is connected to an existing line beyond the endpoint of the existing line.

Enable this option. Draw a line at an angle. Escape out of the Line command and start it again or just RMB to restart. Put the cursor on the line without clicking on it. Then move the cursor along the line and past one endpoint. Notice that you still get the indicator that the new line will be connected to the existing line. Click to start the new line. then click somewhere fot the other end of the  new line. The new line will be connected to the projection of the original line. If you modify the original line, the new line will also change accordingly.

Regards,

Rick B.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

bill_a wrote:

Thanks,

That worked what does the Extensions setting do in the intelliSketch Relationship window do?

Bill

Hello Bill,

Extensions is particularly useful when trying to dimension the inferred point beyond where a fillet has already been applied.

ST7_Draft_Intellisketch_Extention.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10