ST9 2D Free

Just installed ST9. I loaded some Autocad drawings and the dimensioning was not correct. All the aligned diminsions changed to vertical or horizontal. Some of the dims were upside down from the original drawing. also, aligned labels are not aligned and some multi-line labels are written on a single line and unreadable. Is there a setting I am missing?  I didn't have this problem with ST8 and this makes ST9 totally unusable.

3 REPLIES

Re: ST9 2D Free

No there are no settings that might solve the problem you have described. Siemens would have to see the AutoCAD file to determine what the problem might be. However from the sound of it, I would suspect that the orientation of the view maybe something other than top. Just guessing though.

It might have something to do with the template your SEACAD.ini file is using.  If you go into the Options menu before opening the AutoCad file, you can go through the wizard to see what template is being used.  Within that template, what are the Dimensioning standards being used?

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Kevin,

The dimension settings are for DIN Metric Draft. While experimenting with the options I found two things. First, the preveiw in options shows all dimensions aligned correctly. I also found that models that were rotated 90 degrees from vertical or that were rotated in the paper view had the aligned dims incorrect. If the drawing had the model in the correct orientation and did not rotate it for the paper view, then it imported correctly. Most of the drawings I use are taller than wide and are rotated to fit landscape orientation. Thus most don't import correctly.

Harald