STYLE HOUSEKEEPING

Ricky, over time I’ve created a few dimension & text custom styles with the same or nearly the same definitions but they have slightly different names. There are a number of drawings that I use over and over again which I would like to do some housekeeping. I want to only have 2 different custom named styles and delete the appearance of any of my other similar but differently named styles. I’ve tried various combinations without success. For example, I’ve gone thru the drawing(s) and changed all the styles into the desired two and then tried to delete the rest in the Style dialog box. But I’m not given that option. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Ron
2 REPLIES

Re: STYLE HOUSEKEEPING

Ricky, where've been. No answer yet?

Thanks,
Ron

Re: STYLE HOUSEKEEPING

Ron, you should be able to delete any user created styles (can't delete the defaults) as long as no element is currently using that style and that style is no longer listed as the default for any of the commands that create the elements (for instance your Smart dimension command cannot list that style by default in it's command dialog when you start the command).

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10