Sample Blocks

Can the sample blocks be used in the 2D model view? I am trying to use sample blocks to create a schematic out of the electrical library but I can only get the library to show up on the left hand side in the sheet view not the 2D model view. Is this normal or am I missing something?
5 REPLIES

Re: Sample Blocks

I assume by '2D model view' you mean the 2D Model (environment) tab at the bottom. Yes, you do have access to blocks from here the same as on a working sheet (Sheet1). Simply click on the Library tab at the top of the edge bar. What are you seeing in the edge bar now? (Layers)?

Regards,
Rick B.

The only thing at the top left of the edge bar is "Select".

[ Edited ]
You are looking too far up.
The libary tab is in the EdgeBar.
Look at the attached image.

Regards,
Rick B.

Ricky,
How do I attache the file like your sample? I was going to attach a sample of what I have but couldn't get the file attached. I am looking in the same location but where your sample says "Library" I am seeing "Select". It lists select options, top down, bottom up, etc.

[ Edited ]
Click on the drop-down menu arrow and select "Library" from the choices (see attached image). That will bring up the Library window where you can select the blocks to place in your drawing.

Hope this helps.

Ed