Save as Image in ST4

I tried to save a .jpg file in ST4 using the Save as Image command. I got a message that "Cannot Save the file, an unknown error has occurred." This command worked well in ST3. Is this a bug, or does something need to be set in ST4?
(note: I also tried to save the image as a .tif and a .bmp and got the same error)

Thanks
Rich
5 REPLIES

Re: Save as Image in ST4

Rich,
I need more details. I have no problem saving either format. Is there anything unusual about the file? Does it have imbedded images?
Can you send the file to me.

Regards,
Rick B.

Rick
It is not just one file. I can't do a "Save as Image" with any file. I have tried all of the file formats. (.jpg, tiff etc). I get the same error.
" Cannot Save the file, an unkown error has occured"

I just got a new PC with Windows 7 Home premium (64 bit) and installed ST4 on it.

Thanks for your help
Rich

Rick
We installed ST4 on another users new laptop. (also W7 64-bit). The Save as Image command works for him. I cannot think of anything else to try on my PC other than a re-install or to download the program again. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks
Rich

Make sure your graphics driver is up to date. I believe it plays a role in saving images...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Re: Save as Image in ST4 found problem

I found the error. The folder was write protected. I'll do some more testing to be sure that was the only issue

Thanks again
Rich