Scale toolbar is missing!........

How do you change the scale on the free 2D ? I cannot see any 'scale' toolbar.......
2 REPLIES

Re: Scale toolbar is missing!........

Dick,
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I'll give you a bunch of answers
here and hopefully this will cover you. If not, let me know.
If you are drawing geometry on the 2D Model sheet, you want to draw this stuff full
scale. Then when you get done drawing it and want to put it onto a "Working Sheet"
(this would be the sheet that has the drawing border on it), you can put it onto
that sheet using a 2D Model View. This view can be scaled by selecting it and changing
the scale as desired on the Command Ribbon (top section of EdgeBar on the left)
or by right mouse clicking on it, going to the General tab and changing the scale
in the Scale field.
If you are talking about setting a scale for dimensions, go to the View tab and
select the Styles button from the Styles group (top right). Make sure Dimension
is the active style type at the top left, select your Style from the list (probably
ANSI) and click Modify. Go to the General tab, select Manual radio button for scale
at the bottom and set the scale as desired.
If you are trying to "scale" geometry, use the Scale command on the Sketching tab
under the flyout for the Move command (looks like a yellow cross with arrows at
the ends of the lines).
If this is not what you were trying to do, let me know and I will try again.
Andy
"Dick Hicks" wrote:
>
>How do you change the scale on the free 2D ? I cannot see any 'scale' toolbar.......

Andy

Re: Scale toolbar is missing!........

Hi there. Helped me - nearly a week to figure out how to get a view to
appear the right size.
Phil N
Andrew Brezinski wrote:
> Dick,
>
> It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I'll give you a bunch of answers
> here and hopefully this will cover you. If not, let me know.
>
> If you are drawing geometry on the 2D Model sheet, you want to draw this stuff full
> scale. Then when you get done drawing it and want to put it onto a "Working Sheet"
> (this would be the sheet that has the drawing border on it), you can put it onto
> that sheet using a 2D Model View. This view can be scaled by selecting it and changing
> the scale as desired on the Command Ribbon (top section of EdgeBar on the left)
> or by right mouse clicking on it, going to the General tab and changing the scale
> in the Scale field.
>
> If you are talking about setting a scale for dimensions, go to the View tab and
> select the Styles button from the Styles group (top right). Make sure Dimension
> is the active style type at the top left, select your Style from the list (probably
> ANSI) and click Modify. Go to the General tab, select Manual radio button for scale
> at the bottom and set the scale as desired.
>
> If you are trying to "scale" geometry, use the Scale command on the Sketching tab
> under the flyout for the Move command (looks like a yellow cross with arrows at
> the ends of the lines).
>
> If this is not what you were trying to do, let me know and I will try again.
>
> Andy
>
> "Dick Hicks" wrote:
>> How do you change the scale on the free 2D ? I cannot see any 'scale' toolbar.......

>
> Andy