Scaling and duplicating parts

So I've been trying to figure out SolidEdge2D for 2 days with very little success. I have 2 issues:

1. Scaling. I'd like to make a drawing of a 5' x 10' (152cm x 305cm) table so it fits on one A4 sheet. One would expect the scale to be adjustable so for example, 1 grid unit would equal 1 inch (or 2 inches, ... etc). Tried all possible combination and even if you adjust the scale to 1:20, the grid units do not change.

2. Duplicating parts. In every software I have ever used on planet Earth, you can select an object, and copy it with ctrl-c and ctrl-v. Well, not in SolidEdge. Namely I have a drawing of a wheel and i'd like to duplicate that wheel. Any way to do it ?

PLease help, I am getting really frustrated and these are really simple issues for which every basic software should have simple solutions. Thanks for reading
4 REPLIES

Re: Scaling and duplicating parts

Solid Edge follows the process of drawing everything 1:1 on the 2D Model sheet and then creating scaled views that are placed on the Working Sheets. This works quite well and mimics the similar process of documenting 3D models which is what Solid Edge was built to do. Windows Cut, Copy, & Paste certainly works in Solid Edge, but be aware that the version you are using will paste the objects overtop of the objects you copies. While they are still selected, you then need to move them where you want them. This was changed in the ST6 version to allow locating them when pasting.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Is there an article that would guide me through how to create a model sheet, (what IS a model sheet ?), how to scale etc etc. And the ctrl-c and ctrl-v still does not work. Select, ctrl-c while pink, selected part won't even move. When I use the move tool the object moves but won't copies. Is it possible to have a corrupted copy of the software ?

[ Edited ]
...When I use the move tool the object moves but won't copies. Is it possible to have a corrupted copy of the software ?

Select the object you want to move.
Make sure the Move - Copy button is active. (See attached image in the upper left corner. The button is circled in red.)
Click on the object to move it and it will move a copy of the object.
Hope this helps.