Scaling large objects

What is the best way to scale large objects ?
For example, I would like to draw a building that is 76 ft x 310 ft.
I need to plot it on an E size sheet at 1/16th scale so that the
entire bldg fits on the paper.
Thanks, Ryan H.
5 REPLIES

Re: Scaling large objects

Ryan,
I have attached a document that explains the use of scale.
Regards,
Rick B.

Quite informative, thanks!
Ricky Black wrote:
> Ryan,
> I have attached a document that explains the use of scale.
>
> Regards,
> Rick B.
>
>

Marc Tellier wrote:
>Quite informative, thanks!
>
>Ricky Black wrote:
>> Ryan,
>> I have attached a document that explains the use of scale.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rick B.
>>
>>

Ryan,
I have attached a document that explains the use of scale.
Regards,
Rick B.

Rick:
As you can see, this is post #1 for me - just starting to learn Solid Edge 2D free Ver 104 (can't use 5 - have XP). I'm having problems with scaling (among other things!). Way back on August 6, 2007 it looks like you attached a document that others found helpful. The attachment is no longer in the post.
Is it still available?
Thanks.

You will have to change your way of thinking. You don't draw geometry at a specific scale just to have it fit on a piece of paper. Why would you draw a car the size of a model car because of what you will print it on? Use 2D Model for the geometry. You draw in 2D Model at 1:1 scale. Then on your working sheet (Sheet1) place a 2D Model view of the geometry in 2D Model. You place the view at whatever scale you need. In this case at 1:20 scale. This makes it easier to work with your geometry because it is always full size. The model, your geometry, is always at 1:1 scale. The 2D Model view lets you present your model, the geometry, on your drawing at whateer scale you need. You can actually place many 2D Model views and detail views and at different scales.

Regards,
Rick B.