Selecting Multiple Objects to Move

Pioneer
Pioneer

So I recently upgraded to ST8 and, and I have run into a little bug.  Say you draw a rectangle.  Before in ST7 I was able to select 2 lines of that rectangle by holding down either the shift or the ctrl key, and then move them by chosing whatever keypoint I wanted.  Now, whenever I select my first feature, I go to select the second, and it automaticly makes wherever I click my move point, and it wont let me select a second.  I have tried it using both Shift and CTRL. 

Any ideas?  Am I just missing something?

4 REPLIES

Re: Selecting Multiple Objects to Move

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Use an object action workflow. Preselect what you want to move and have that geometry in the select set. Then run the Move command on what is selected.

Regards,

Rick B.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is this new to ST8?  I know in ST7 it would let you choose either before or after the move command was selected.  Also, even if you preselect, you still have the prompt to select by either shift or ctrl in the prompt bar.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Just tried ST7, ST6, and V20. All work like in ST8. As soon as the first object is selected, the prompt changes for identifying the first point.

Regards,

Rick B.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Ok brother.  Thank you very much for the help.  I guess my memory serves me incorrectly.  Thanks for taking the time to check it out.