Setting Offset distance

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am trying to offset a curve, but only get the preset offeset distance of .250 inches. Then trying to move the whole curve to where I need is a complete pain in the A**. The offset distance should be a parameter value you enter during the process. What if I don't want the default value?

This is probably something stupid easy, but I can find no guide on it. Please help.

5 REPLIES

Re: Setting Offset distance

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @VoodooHeart,

The value should highlight by default, waiting for user input, if it looses focus, then you need to highlight it, and type the value that you need. What you're hoping for, is exactly how it is designed to work.

Does it not function like in this video...?

(view in My Videos)

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

No, not at all. I never get the parameter entry block at the top of the screen. How do I get that?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@VoodooHeart,

Can you screen shot what your sketch offset ready environment looks like please.....a missing "ribbon bar" is another issue [should be able to restore it by changing to a different "UI" theme]...but you say you get the default value of 0.250". Is that from the dimension it places, or from the "distance" value input box?

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

I had to dig through the options and somehow turned the Command Bar back on. Working fine now.

Thanks

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

EXCELLENT!

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10